icare hbcf is bringing building insurance into the 21st century with the design of a digital portal for builders. The Self-Service Portal, launched on 10 July 2017 has digitised the process of applying for insurance for builders. Through the portal, participating builders will be able to:
- view their own eligibility limits and risk based pricing profile
- obtain quotes for projects
- review current utilisation of eligibility limits
- submit new policy applications
- mark construction projects as completed, and
- view builder specific reports and certificate data.
The icare hbcf provides a safety net for homeowners who have contracted for residential building work and their builder has been unable to honour their commitments under the building contract due to insolvency, death or disappearance. The safety net is also provided where the builder's licence is suspended for failure to comply with a Tribunal or Court Order to pay compensation to the homeowner.
Insurance under the HBCF is required to be obtained by builders for all residential construction projects over $20,000.read more
References on this website to builders and building work include and apply to work undertaken by trade contractors and other building contractors such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, swimming pool builders etc.